What’s new in Magento 2?
Magento released the latest upgrade of the Magento 2, which is Magento 2.3.4. The upgraded version has several security updates, improved PSD2-compliant core payment methods, 220 functional fixes, and more than 30 security enhancements.
Now, let’s explore new features of Magento 2.3.4:
This version upgrade has over 30 security enhancements.
- The changes will help in removing the remote code vulnerabilities and will stop cross-site scripting. With no confirmed records of hackers’ pertaining to this version, Magento has identified this vulnerability, which can exploit and gain access to customer information via administrative controls.
- Magento has advised using two-factor authentication, VPNs, IP Whitelisting, and unique solution instead of/admin and strong password to make hackers unable to access the administration panel.
- The latest version comes with some fixes to core codes like the elimination of the custom layout, enhanced remote application execution.
- Now you can add whitelisted factors in the template as Magento has redesigned its features of the content template.
- The latest version gives enhanced cache logic, which eliminates non-cached demands and the invalidation of the consumer section.
- A new default has been introduced that will allow store owners to disable static collecting for report modules. You can go to System configuration > General>Reports>General Options; to enable it for better performance and turn it off when not needed.
Magento has performed several updates for enhancing website safety and compliance with PCI.
- The latest third-party technology version of RabbitMQ V3.8 improves the message queue framework.
- Magento 2.3.4 will not support Authorize.net payment methods; therefore, you need to use the official payment integration, which is available in the market.
- The latest version of Redis V5.0.6 will give you enhanced page caching and session storage
- Magento has developed support to employ a declarative scheme with MariaDB 10.2 and MYSQL.
- There are 250 enhancements to core quality in the Magento 2.3.4, which improves functionality, the quality of the framework and catalog, sales. Elasticsearch, PayPal, CMS, B2B, and import.
Improvements in Merchant tools:
- Magento 2 has integrated a new Adobe Stock integration extension, which will allow merchants to add high-quality images and videos to the web pages.
There are several enhancements made in inventory management performance:
- Shopping cart problem has been resolved that caused higher than expected loads on the database server.
- Inventory Reservations CLI command has been updated to minimize memory usage.
- Multiple quality issues are solved like credit memos, stock mass, and grouped commodity,
Improvements in GraphQL:
Magento has released numerous enhancements in GraphQL to improve cart functionality, layered navigation, and other attributes.
- Now, you can link carts to customers and render them on different services.
- GraphQL users can easily do price rendering on the storefront with the improved method of returning price.
- A cart can have promotional details.
- Layered navigation will now have custom filters.
- The issue related to product tax and product discount information is fixed.
- The category data can be obtained by name, slug, or ID.
There are significant improvements in Magento 2.3.4, and you can download and install the latest version in a plethora of ways. But, first, you need to understand your business requirements and join hands with a professional Magento development company that can handle the entire process seamlessly.