If you want to purchase a brand new headphones from the store, you’re looking for the best store to display the various models of the latest headphones you’ve got to choose from. With the advent of online stores, it hasn’t really changed. You’re always trying to find the best product on the best e-commerce website. If you are looking for a stunning eCommerce business platform for digital companies to develop as the best in the business, Drupal Commerce and Magento are the answers.
Drupal Commerce and Magento have different characteristics and requirements. Deciding which one is perfectly suited to the requirements of your company is a question that needs to be considered. To make a better crop, comparing both side-by-side will give you clear sight.
Let’s have a brief look at both the Platforms:
1. Drupal Commerce:
Drupal Commerce is a software that runs more than 60,000 websites. It is one of the most versatile e-commerce approaches for websites and applications of any scale. Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 are the versions to be preserved and assisted in the coming years. Commerce 1.x and Commerce 2.x would be needed to create an online store in the former.
Now, let’s see some of the advantages of Drupal Commerce:
- Easy utilization: It helps to create a management framework and a personalized business workflow. Thus, even a person without technical knowledge can make adjustments and carry out tests that make it market-driven commerce.
- Essential For Business: It offers you the framework you use for your online store without establishing the preamble and assuming the requirements of your business. Simply put, it’s the Master of personalization.
- Smooth Configuration: With its stability and versatility, it can be customized to meet the needs of your business. It is ideal for all kinds of physical and non-physical products that include payment mechanisms such as annual, licensing or subscription.
- Digital Experience: It improves the digital experience by combining exchange, advertising and the community and delivers additional traffic to e-retailers.
- Master of Content: Added on top of the CMS enterprise, it provides a trading platform for effortlessly intertwining content and products, pushing online and offline sales through superb UX, advanced merchandized tools, and powerful SEO techniques.
- Flexible: This enables third-party incorporation and improvement of functionality and functionalities to respond to the changing requirements of a business. Be it Authorize.net, Braintree, PayPal, Stripe, Amazon Pay and many other payment gateways, there are many toolchains available. It is also extremely expandable.
- Profitable: Being an open source software, it is an inexpensive alternative.
Delivering a modular shopping cart framework, Magento is yet another e-commerce platform that provides online merchants with a comprehensive solution and control over the appearance, content, and functionality of their e-commerce websites. It comprises effective marketing, SEO and catalog management tools.
Let’s see some of the highlights of Magento’s advantage:
- Installation: It’s really obvious when it comes to installation and features different configurations and plug-ins.
- Affordable Solution: Being an open source software, it provides an accessible and cost-effective solution.
- Payment Gateways: Some of its payment gateways which are globally accessible are PayPal, Authorize.net, CyberSource, etc.
Let us compare Drupal Commerce and Magento:
- Installation: Drupal Commerce enables developers to start from scratch. The software bundle must be downloaded and installed. You need to install Drupal CMS and then activate the Drupal Commerce module or use the installation profile to allow it automatically.Magento enables developers to install from the scratch by supplying the installation bundle to be downloaded, loaded and installed.
- Utilization: Getting a site running on Drupal and acquainting yourself with Drupal functions and processes will make your life easier to know about using Drupal Commerce.While Magento offers users total control and comes with certain incredible features, Magento professionals are expected to completely leverage its potential and make full use of its functionality. Anyone new to Magento can lead to a difficult learning process at first.
- Managing The Content: Built on top of Drupal, Drupal Commerce allows you to constantly build content types with customized fields and attributes, and interesting media tools to boost your editing experience. The requirement for content interactions helps you to create a list of related products and blog posts. You can also modify your landing page with customized product lists. You can also customize your landing page with customized product lists. It is perfect for businesses that find the provision of content to be the center of their development.On the other hand, Magento has a very simple content management system. It just enables you to add pages, content to multiple categories of pages and features to products. Apart from this, you’re going to move into your custom domain. This imposes high costs and expands ongoing support.
- Managing The Catalogue: Drupal Commerce will automatically add or delete a product from the product list dynamically. You may create a typical catalog-like experience and automatically adopt the method you have arranged your products and use attributes linked with them. If it’s tables, grids or lists, items can be presented in your website under any pluggable format, each with its own look and feel. It helps tremendously in creating user interaction.Magento has a very traditional way of arranging and adding products to the list. You create a collection of categories in the root catalog where the products can be included. A product can fit into multiple categories based on the form and how users are trying to find such products. Magento, however, implements a strict protocol for the on-site presentation of products. For example, only lists and grid views are accessible for product listings.
- Mobile Receptive: Drupal Commerce provides screen versatility to create the most effective and scalable business engine on current market. Drupal themes help to add a completely customizable design to the ecommerce website.For example, SShop is a bootstrap based Drupal 8 theme with out – of-box compatibility for Drupal Commerce. Offers a multi-level sensitive header menu, a slideshow on the homepage, and a customized layout.Corolla is yet another stunningly stylized Drupal theme that includes 6 preset color schemes, customized color options, mobile friendly features, and box shadow and background texture options, and many more.
eStore is a completely sensitive, bootstrap-based Drupal theme that provides cool features such as product layout range to search thru and choose from, slider content types, custom field additions to the Default Product Form, content types included within the configurations, etc.
Magento is not too far from this. It implements a reactive web design strategy to create websites and provide an optimum viewing experience over a wide variety of devices. For example, the Magento Blank and Luma out – of-box themes give a completely responsive design.
- Features and Functionalities: One of the key benefits of Drupal Commerce is that it has a wide and massive list of modules to allow customized apps and features. Creating a custom application and offering a great user interface, integrating functionality beyond trade, is flexible to changing times and business needs. If you want to add web services or forums, it allows you the ability to add a whole new feature.Magento comes with a good collection of features that’s perfect for your online shop. When you look at a product on the context of its released feature set, then Magento is perfect for you. So, to put it plainly, if you only need to create a shopping cart, go for it.
- Multilingual Efficiency: Drupal 8 comes with out-of-the-box modules for the conversion of data on the website. The built-in language managing capabilities enable offer localized digital experiences by enabling you to select from 94 languages. It also gives individuals working on the site-site administrators, content editors and translators-the option in their own language. From the pages to the typology terms, all can be translated. You can also translate the layout of the screen, such as columns, tables, views, and so on.With any Magento theme, you can integrate a multilingual storefront without a lot of ups and downs, making it possible for the user to move between languages. Store Views is a store example on the Magento website. So, if you operate a single language eCommerce website, a single Store View is needed. It helps you to have multiple Store Views for multilingual pages.
- Administration Interface: Without making adjustments to the code, you can configure the admin interface to your desires in Drupal Commerce. This helps you to build screens for different users with other admin decisions.Magento offers you a well-structured and well-defined way to run the entire store. If you’re impatient about the built-in admin interface features, it’s perfect for you. But if there is a need for any more apps, a lot of development effort is needed to make customizations.
- Cost Control: Drupal is absolutely free to use as it is an open source technology.
Magento, on the other hand, indicates an identity shift as per Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce in 2019. It notes that some of the latest modules in Magento aren’t being provided as open source.
- Business-Driven: Drupal Commerce can assist create a platform with all or more of these features: a multilingual domain, a multi-site, a community forum, or an online store. Therefore, it can be combined with various business platforms within one banner.In order to align Magento with some other aspect of your business activities, such as forums or subscriptions, you will have to address two separate structures operating with one another. This requires for third-party approaches to keep data between different systems in tune and up-to-date.
- SEO Tools: You can allow SEO via a superabundance of Drupal modules such as Pathauto, XML Sitemap, Redirect, etc.On Magento’s out-of-the-box SEO software, you can simply change URLs, meta information and review search terms and rankings via Google integration.
- Skills Recommended: Without a lot of coding experience, you can simply pick the concepts in Drupal Commerce. To anyone with limited coding skills, it provides modules such as Preferences, functions, etc. to drive the user interface. Also for a coding genius, the modules described above can be very helpful.With the heavy use of objects, inheritance, and programming concepts, anyone with limited coding experience can find it difficult in Magento to get into the scheme of things easily. Even, knowing and detecting Magento extension conflicts can also be difficult. This has good documentation accessible but an engaged Magento community with a large variety of training and support offerings can also be very beneficial.
- Integration Scope: Drupal Commerce can be easily incorporated with third-party tools.
- The Apache Solr Search module enables the alignment with the Apache Solr Search Platform to allow enhanced enterprise search functions.
- The Oracle Driver module makes the use of the Oracle Database as the default backend.
- Commerce Amazon Pay makes Amazon Pay compatibility and allows you to sign in to Amazon with Drupal Commerce.
- Commerce FedEx Includes FedEx Shipping Calculation Features.
- The MailChimp module lets you interact with the MailChimp API and enables you to create and submit email campaigns from your platform that provide simple email marketing features.
- The Acquia Lift Connector module provides compatibility with Acquia Lift Service to boost the platform usability of your eCommerce site.
Magento also provides support for third-party integrations such as:
- Magento theme or template compatibility helps you to use the Themeforest or TemplateMonster themes from third parties.
- SMS gateway compatibility with third-party service providers such as Kapsystem is possible in Magento.
- It also enables Payment Gateway compatibility with Paypal, Amazon Pay, etc.
- The Magento API compatibility can be achieved with Xero, Salesforce, Box, etc.
- It can also be combined with CMS leaders like Drupal.
- Security: Widely acknowledged, Drupal is the strongest security-focused CMS among major CMS platforms such as WordPress, Joomla, and Magento. Both infected websites and Magento’s infection rate were much higher than that of Drupal in Sucuri’s Hacked Website Survey.In fact, the Alert Logic Cloud Security Report states that Drupal has been identified for the lowest number of Web application threats.
For the better e-commerce site, digital businesses need to compete on e-commerce networks for a special and elite class of websites. Drupal Commerce and Magento include an effective platform for the development of an e-commerce site. To know what fits your organization’s needs, you need to consider the features and functionality of your organization to make a smart decision.
Magento has the advantage of a dominant market share when it comes to eCommerce websites. It also has an outstanding ability to support the enterprise market with its Magento Enterprise Cloud Version SaaS solution. Drupal Commerce has seen a quick constant development in different online stores while Magento is ruled by a huge number of web-based business sites.
However, Magento is not decent on content, and Drupal clearly is. Serving up unique content in collaboration with a powerful e-commerce framework, Drupal Commerce can become an innovative solution.
The above comparison shows that Drupal Commerce, with all the functionality it provides, has a strong advantage over Magento and comes out as a winner in situations where the requirement is more than just a stock and a regular commercial solution. If you’re still confused, we suggest you have a word with Magento certified expert who will help you to design the roadmap for your eCommerce project.
FILL THE BELOW FORM IF YOU WANT TO MIGRATE FROM DRUPAL TO MAGENTO OR VICE VERSA