- Magento Development
- Magento Support
- Start A Project
Every Magento version comes with strengths and weaknesses and upgrading your Magento to the latest version is the key to increase speed, Security problems and new extensions from which some should be compatible with your Magento’s older versions. For the upgrade, you need to check the current version first.
How to check version for Magento 1?
There are minimum different options to find out:
1. You can use free online tools to check the version where you just have to enter your website address, e.g.: LatestVersionCheck.com
2. You can check the version using admin panel:
3. You can check the version in the app/mage.php file of your Magento installation. Search for getVersioninfo() function
4. You can either use SSH to know the version.
How to check version in Magento 2?
Magento 2 has an effortless way to find out its version and that is to add /magento_version to the website address and start searching and you will see a short answer including the version and edition you are using , e.g.: Magento 2.1 (Enterprise)
How to check Magento Community or Enterprise version is used?
There are two ways to check Magento Edition;
1. Enter example.com/giftcard/customer in your browser:
This is the easiest way to check Magento version.
2. You can either use command line by the code Mage::getEdition() that is to give you all the necessary information.
* Magento edition constants
const EDITION_COMMUNITY = ‘Community’;
const EDITION_ENTERPRISE = ‘Enterprise’;
const EDITION_PROFESSIONAL = ‘Professional’;
const EDITION_GO = ‘Go’;
* Current Magento edition.
* @var string
static private $_currentEdition = self::EDITION_COMMUNITY;
* Get current Magento edition
* @return string