Let’s initiate a discussion!!
For eCommerce businesses, upselling has proved to be beneficial in increasing average order value and boosting sales. However, businesses fail to generate more revenue through upselling because of the few mistakes they make.
Here in this article, we will discuss some of such mistakes and the necessary steps that can be taken to avoid them.
Many of the online stores only have product information in the first fold of the product page. Customers go through them and add the product in the cart. This means you are losing your chances for upselling.
• You can add some similar products targeting upselling opportunities in the first fold.
2. Not showing similar product comparisons
Product comparisons is one of the upselling opportunities that eCommerce stores fail to use properly.
• Your business has better chances of engaging customers by offering feature comparisons for similar types of products having higher order value.
• Customers get to check similar products before adding the current one in the cart and go ahead with it if they find the compared product better.
3. Offering highly priced product alternatives
Many eCommerce stores offer highly priced alternative product options to customers.
• You need to be realistic with your upselling strategies.
• You need to set the maximum margin for upselling alternative products.
• You need to be sure that it is not 50% more priced than the product they are already looking at.
4. Offering poor quality options
Some online stores display similar types of products but seldom projects its quality to customers to entice them.
• Add in ratings to the products or mention “Most Searched Products” to the category, etc.
5. Not showing items related to the product
Sometimes stores display many products that customers skip, as they fail to relate it with the current product they are viewing.
• Be clear about your product listing for a successful upselling strategy.
• Choose items that can be used with the product the customer is looking at or ones that customer can choose to go ahead with instead of the current product.
6. Not investing in combo deals
Sometimes investing in a single product is not enough, customers needs to buy items related to it to make the product function better.
• Offer bundled products instead of offering single products.
• Showcase a group of products for a single discounted price which your customers cannot wait to buy!
Upsells are one of the best ways for an eCommerce store to enhance ROI. If you are finding it hard to boost sales at your eCommerce store through upselling, then it is time you partner with Mage Monkeys. Here we have the best team of Magento experts who can help you with effective upselling strategies enough to bring in profits for your business.
As a part of different marketing strategies, businesses make use...
Live streaming shopping is where a company or a brand...
Not all eCommerce businesses have enough budget to be spent...
Progressive web apps have turned out to be the right...
Investing in mobile app development can offer a number of...
Let’s initiate a discussion!!
Let our Magento expert connect to discuss your requirement.
We offer Magento
Our Magento clientele
We sign NDA for the
security of your projects.
We’ve performed 100+
Magento migration projects.
on your project.
Three months warranty on
code developed by us.